This Movie is no longer available here.

Request Online Screening

Yamuna Gently Weeps| 1hr : 11mins
Director: Ruzbeh N Bharucha | Producer: Sainathann Communications
Focus Years: 2006 | Country: India
Subject Tags: asia, environment, india
Quality Tags: Optimistic, Slow, Activating, Harmonizing
Yamuna Pushta in Delhi was one of the oldest and largest slums in India. In reality, a chain of 22 small slums, located on a three-kilometer stretch along the Yamuna River, the settlement was home to 40,000 families, which housed more than 1,50,000 people and was in existence for decades. In early 2004, in a matter of weeks, 40,000 homes were demolished, without any rehabilitation plan and the past, present, future of 1,50,000 people were bulldozed to the ground. Barely 20 percent of those displaced were allotted plots, on a barren piece of land forty kilometres away from civilization. The remaining 80 percent were forced to take refuge on the streets along with their salvaged belongings, until they found some way out of their miserable plight. The film takes the reader into the lives of those poor families, whose homes and future were brutally razed to the ground and through interviews with slum dwellers and politicians and interviews with eminent town planners, environmentalists and activists, showcases his point of view. The director, also through the eyes of those who lost it all, tells a heartrending tale of tears, courage, determination and most importantly, brings to light, the hollowness of the system and all that, which was once was held, sacred and beyond reproach.

Send funds to team of this film/project:
NOTE: 100% of your funds are sent directly from here.

Contact/inquire about this film-project:


This storyteller has yet to share/set a wallet for the direct fund transfers.

Shall we send an email request on your behalf?

Human Life:
Human Community:
Human Exploration:

The online film archive supports schools, universities, NGOs and other civil-service organizations across the globe on the principle of gift-economy. Watch films (documentaries, short films, talks & more) and promote filmmakers. Join this community of soulful storytellers from myriad cultures, in their mission to promote global consciousness. Empower their willful hearts, who see the future to be united and harmonious, who aspire for the wellbeing of all. Support learning about the ‘self’, culture, nature and the eternal soul – the evolution of life.
Support the humanity in the process of becoming ‘that’...

© 2024 Culture Unplugged. Serving Since 2007.
Promoting our collective consciousness through stories from across the planet!

Consciousness Matters!